[vtkusers] Problem compiling vtk 5.6.1

Shen-Yeh Chen shenyeh_chen at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 05:33:36 EST 2011

Hello everyone

I am new to vtk, so please forgive me if I am not making any sense.

I have my only of Tcl/Tk, which is customize from a standard Tcl/tk 8.5.7, and I am hoping to build a dll of vtk so I can import into my own tcl/tk and then use it.

So I downloaded cmake 2.8.4 and the source distribution of  vtk 5.6.1, and tried to pay with it.

I configured CMAKE for VS 2005 wind32, checked on BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, and then BUILD in VS 2005.

During the build, VS2005 gave and error message of "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Run Time Error . Program ........... R6034 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime incorrectly. Please contact the application's support team for mode information"

It went on after I hit "OK" several times anyway (it still went on even if I just left the error message box there). After the build, there are a lot .lib, .exe and .dll under the directory \bin\release.

But the directory \ALL_BUILD.dir\release is empty.

So, now the problem is

(1) which dll is the one that I can use to "load" into Tcl/Tk ?
(2) Did I do anything wrong to cause the error message ? Does it matter ?

Thanks again for the help.

Regards
S-Y. Chen