[vtkusers] vtkShiftScale and transfer functions

EvilMax maxim.privalov at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 14:39:21 EST 2011

Hello!

When building volume using VTK we need to transform data to scalar type
unsigned char or unsigned int. When doing so using vtkShiftScale I have an
issues with opacity and color transfer functions. I think this is because of
scalar conversions. For example, -1024 will become 64512 etc. After that
transfer functions presets I made become inapplicable. To avoid this I've
shifted data to start from 0 subtracting scalar range lower bound. But it
enforced shifting transfer function X values as well.

Question: is there more 'smooth' way to perform that?