[vtkusers] Given a node, emphasize the incident edges

Steffen Oeltze stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Mar 3 11:17:51 EST 2011

Hi Jeff,

thanks a lot for the hint. I found what I needed. Unfortunately, I am
not able to transfer the example to my
own project. The CustomLinkView-project compiles fine. However, when I
add the following line to my project, I receive an error:

        - from CustomLinkView:

Connections->Connect(
     this->TableView->GetRepresentation(),
     vtkCommand::SelectionChangedEvent,
     this,
     SLOT(selectionChanged(vtkObject*, unsigned long, void*, void*)));

        - my example:

c_connections = vtkSmartPointer<vtkEventQtSlotConnect>::New();

c_connections->Connect(
     this->GetRepresentation(),  // this points to my own class which I
derived from "vtkQtTableView"
     vtkCommand::SelectionChangedEvent,
     this,
     SLOT(selectionChanged(vtkObject*, unsigned long, void*, void*)));

         - error:

error C2664: 'vtkEventQtSlotConnect::Connect' : cannot convert parameter
1 from 'vtkDataRepresentation *' to 'vtkObject *'
1>        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Cheers,
Steffen