[vtkusers] zbuffer issue

liu jianfei flair.liu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 13:11:49 EST 2011

Dear all

    I have a tracking program relying on depth values from ZBuffer. This
program interactively loads depth values from ZBuffer every a few seconds.
It is working well in a normal linux machine. Right now, I want to run this
program in a linux cluster to reduce computation time. But the cluster have
special requirements that the program cannot involve rendering very much.
All rendering and interaction codes are removed from this tracking project.
Is it possible that I can write depth values into a file but without drawing
actors? Meantime, depth values can be updated when the camera is moving. Is
it possible to achieve this purpose without rendering on the screen?
--
Sincerely
Jianfei Liu