[vtkusers] problems building the sources of vtk

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:54:24 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM, alby13 <albagarin1986 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> NOW THE ERROR IS WHEN BUILDING ITK: Could NOT find Tclsh (missing:
> TCL_TCLSH)
> CMake Error at Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt:115 (INSTALL):
>  install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static library target
>  "vtkmetaio".
> VTK_USE_MYSQL is off and i cannot turn off vtk_use_qt because im using it.
>
> why could it be?

To me it seems when you configured you turned on too many things and
from 3 years of experience with vtk on windows, that can be dangerous
in that your builds will fail. At this point I would delete the cache,
and reconfigure with just the minimum options to get you what you
need.

When I configure (and I am using Qt) I turn off testing and most of
the times turn off examples. Then enable GUI support then enable QT.
Then I generate and build.

John