[vtkusers] [Gdcm2] Matching CT and RT dose coordinates

Jothy jothybasu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:02:35 EST 2011

Thanks for all your help!

I am getting close to what I need.

As Bill suggested I uesd same (GDCM) reader for reading CT and dose with
FileLowerLeftOn().Now they both seem to be in the same coordinate system,
but the images are upside down.CT is rotated 180 in the Y direction (becomes
FFP).

As David G suggested I should use a vtkMatrix4x4 to do the rotations along
with the ImageOrientationPatient.

But I am confused of using these vtkmatrix4x4

I have

Image position: -275 -524 -122.441

ImageOrient: 1 0 -1.22465e-16 0 1 0

now how to create a vtk4x4 matrix to flip these images upsideDown. (I tried
vtkImageFlip, but it invalidates the dicom coordinate system as David G
pointed out).

Can I use this amtrix in the vtkImageReslice itself?

Thanks

Jothy