[vtkusers] vtkChart

emreturkoz emreturkoz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 12:09:10 EDT 2011

Hi to all,

I'm a newbie to VTK and want to work with vtkCharts library using C++.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010.

Whenever I want to compile the examples listed at VTK webpage like in
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Plotting/LinePlot here  , I get
these linking errors.

I linked almost all the libraries, including vtkChart and vtkHybrid. I
wonder the reason why these errors occur..

>vtk_first_try.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall vtkPlot::SetInput(class vtkTable *,int,int)"
(?SetInput at vtkPlot@@QAEXPAVvtkTable@@HH at Z) referenced in function _main
1>vtk_first_try.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
void __thiscall vtkContextScene::AddItem(class vtkContextItem *)"
(?AddItem at vtkContextScene@@QAEXPAVvtkContextItem@@@Z) referenced in function
_main
1>vtk_first_try.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class vtkContextView * __cdecl vtkContextView::New(void)"
(?New at vtkContextView@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "public: static
class vtkSmartPointer<class vtkContextView> __cdecl vtkSmartPointer<class
vtkContextView>::New(void)"
(?New@?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkContextView@@@@SA?AV1 at XZ)
1>vtk_first_try.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class vtkChartXY * __cdecl vtkChartXY::New(void)"
(?New at vtkChartXY@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "public: static class
vtkSmartPointer<class vtkChartXY> __cdecl vtkSmartPointer<class
vtkChartXY>::New(void)" (?New@?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkChartXY@@@@SA?AV1 at XZ)