[vtkusers] vtkMPI SetNumberOfProcesses

Reicht, Ignaz i.reicht at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Mon Jun 20 13:46:44 EDT 2011

Dear vtkusers,

Somehow I can not set the number of processes in VTK. In cmake config VTK_USE_MPI is enabled and both, MPIEXEC_MAX_NUMPROCS and VTK_MPI_MAX_NUMPROCS are set to value 2. (also tried to set this value to 8, but no change in behavour).

When calling GetNumberOfProcesses() of vtkMPIController the returned value is 1.
I am using XCode on an iMac Core-i7 (4 physical + 4 virtual threads). Also in XCode option "support openMP" is enabled. I just want to use it on my local machine, not distributed on different computers.

Can someone tell me how to set this up right to use multiple processes in vtk?
thanks
iggy