[vtkusers] [Gdcm2] How to use vtk and gdcm in Visual Studio 2008

Mark Roden mmroden at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 11:02:35 EDT 2011

Hi Kourosh,

Does CMake know the path to your gdcm libraries, and then to your vtk
libraries?  You'll have to have a field for those paths in your cmake
project.  I'm sure that there's a way to have cmake fill in the fields
automatically with the last build you made in cmake.  If you build
gdcm in cmake, and then reference the gdcm path variable, whose syntax
I don't know but there's a sample for the vtk path in the gdcm
project, then your project should use that path automatically.

HTH
Mark

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Jafari, Kourosh <kjafari at rad.hfh.edu> wrote:
> I turned the shared library off. But still I get the same error message:
>
> 1>------ Build started: Project: TestGDCM, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
> 1>Linking...
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'gdcmMSFF.lib'
> 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Kourosh\Research\Softwares\Toolkit\MyCodes\TestGDCM\TestGDCM.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"
> 1>TestGDCM - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> 2>------ Skipped Build: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
> 2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
> ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
>
> Should I change the settings in Visual Studio?
>
> Thanks!
> Kourosh

>>> GDCM_BUILD_EXAMPLES
>>> GDCM_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS