[vtkusers] build with gdcm

Jafari, Kourosh kjafari at rad.hfh.edu
Sat Jun 18 10:26:12 EDT 2011

Hello John,

Actually, I am trying to use vtk, itk, and gdcm together with Visual Studio 2008. But it gives me the following compilation error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkGDCMImageReader * __cdecl vtkGDCMImageReader::New(void)

I have created my project using CMake and the following CMakeLists.txt:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
PROJECT(TestGDCM)
FIND_PACKAGE(GDCM)
IF(GDCM_FOUND)
    INCLUDE(${GDCM_USE_FILE})
ENDIF(GDCM_FOUND)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(TestGDCM TestGDCM.cxx)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(TestGDCM)

Actually, during building GDCM I had 17 error messages too. So maybe that is related to the above error message. Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks!
Kourosh