[vtkusers] Bar chart in vtkChartXY

Amitesh Kumar amiteshagarwal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:35:16 EDT 2011

In the example give in
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Plotting/BarChart, there are three
sets of  y-axis data and four vtkIntArray  arrMonth, arr2008, arr2009 and
arr2010 -- where arrMonth has legends for x-axis. Now I have two questions.

1. The x legend is defined in vtkIntArray, arrMonth which basically sets an
integer as x-axis legend. Now It is not always going to be the case that x
axis legends are going to be an int. What if I have a string or char. How
would I set std::string or char* to be x-axis legend for bar chart?

2. If I had only one arr2008 vtkIntArray for data on y axis and I want some
of the bar colors to be in red while other to be in green (for the same
array). How can I set the property of individual bar colors for the
same vtkIntArray?
Is it even possible in vtk 5.9?

I will really appreciate any help in this!

Thank You

Amitesh