[vtkusers] Application Error with vtkConeSource

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:43:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Bob Palank <bob at stlcc.org> wrote:
> John,
> I see, to the right of the green arrow Debug then Win32.
> I build the solution. (Configuration: Debug Win32 )
> Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
> Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process
> load
>
> The program '[1444] Test02CLRConsole.exe: Native' has exited with code
> -1072365566 (0xc0150002).
>
> Same error message occurs.

> I see, to the right of the green arrow Release then Win32
> I build the solution. (Configuration: Release Win32 )
> I see
>
> Test02CLRConsole.cpp
>
> .NETFramework,Version=v4.0.AssemblyAttributes.cpp
>
> Test02CLRConsole.vcxproj ->
> D:\VTK561\Examples\BobsExamples\Test02CLRConsole\Release\Test02CLRConsole.exe
>
> ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
>
> LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtkGraphics.dll

That will force you to use whatever release you built VTK for. I mean
if these are debug vtk libraries then you can only use the Debug mode
with your application. If they are release then you can only use the
release version of your application.

> for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
>
> Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process
> load
>
> The program '[756] Test02CLRConsole.exe: Native' has exited with code
> -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

> Any thoughts ?
>
> "Or using some binaries from a different version of Visual Studio?"
> I don't think so since I have only loaded VC++ and C# Express versions on
> this machine.

I do not use CLR. Perhaps that is the issue. Did you compile vtk
yourself or are you using a binary release? Remember if you are using
a binary release you must use the same exact compiler version that the
binary was compiled for otherwise you can get into problems (at least
that is what I have had).

John