[vtkusers] vtkImageMapper3D, vtkInteractorStyleImage - inverting luminance images

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:32:20 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Dean Inglis <dean.inglis at camris.ca> wrote:

> I am finally going to have to learn git/gerrit !  I will push to gerrit
> a topic branch with patches to the mappers.  Would you mind
> reviewing?

No problem, I'd be glad to review the changes.  However, I have to
ask... for inversion, wouldn't it be easier to add a
vtkWindowLevelLookupTable to the vtkImageProperty and use
InverseVideoOn() or Off()?

The reason I ask is that the ConvertImageScalarsToRGBA() is not the
only method that the image mapper classes use for converting the data,
most of the conversion is done by vtkScalarsToColors, which rejects
inverted ranges.  I'm not sure how deep you want to go in your
changes.

 - David