[vtkusers] Sub sample a volume using a 3D surface generated from contours

jimham008 jim.hamilton at revealimaging.com
Mon Jun 13 16:01:49 EDT 2011

I need to sub sample a volume based on a contour constructed from polydata.
I would like to create a uniform color sub volume from the contour and
insert it back into the original volume.  I am thinking of using the
following approach:

1.  Create 3D surface from contours  (using vtkVoxelContoursToSurfaceFilter
to construct a 3D surface)
2.  Use vtkPolyDataToImageStencil to get uniform sub volume
3.  Insert sub volume back into original volume (not sure what the best
method is for this step)

Any advice would be appreciated.