[vtkusers] vtkmy python bindings with MSVC2010 64bit

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 9 06:59:50 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have several vtkmy extensions (as per Examples\Build\vtkMy) that I
am building separately from vtk. I am trying to wrap them into python
on Windows. It works for me out of the box on linux, but I can not
find a way to "import vtkmyFilteringPython" on Windows despite trying
all possible values for PATH and PYTHONPATH.

What makes me wonder is that in vtk source tree there is a whole
subfolder E:\pack\vtk-5.6.1\Wrapping\Python\vtk, but I can not find an
equivalent for vtkmy. Therefore I am trying to figure out

1) is something similar required for vtkmy, if yes, why it is not
required on linux, where it works without it

2) I created site-packages/vtkmy/ and a file __init.py__ importing my
extensions, but I keep getting the error "ImportError: No module named
vtkmyFilteringPython"

3) Is there any documentation how this should be done? Under
vtk-5.6.1\Examples\Build\vtkMy\Wrapping there is only example for TCL.

Regards,
Dominik