[vtkusers] Fwd: Building VTK: undefined reference to `vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::SetDisplayId(_XDisplay*)

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:13:38 EDT 2011

Like you I have searched the web and asked on the VTK developers group to no
avail. I have not found a solution at all.
NVidia 270.4106 is the one that is currently in use for Ubuntu 11.04.

Oddly enough if you download the paraview binary it works Ok, clearly it
hasn't been compiled under Ubuntu 11.04.

So I am now driven to writing a filter that builds a polydata structure
saving it as a vtp file and then using ParaView.

Regards
   Andrew

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Jennifer Horsman <jlhorsman at lbl.gov> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Did you ever find a solution to the problem of building VTK in Ubuntu
> 11.04? I am getting the same errors as you and have tried everyone's
> solutions, but nothing works. Originally, I had just done an upgrade from
> 10.10 to 11.04 and VTK worked fine. I was having other issues that prompted
> me to start over with a clean install and now I am having troubles. Perhaps
> there are issues with some of the newer packages.
>
> Also, Nvidia did come out recently with new drivers for Ubuntu 11.04
> (actually, I think they are just for any Linux) that apparently fix some
> problems with the X server:
>

> http://news.softpedia.com/news/New-Nvidia-Linux-Driver-Supports-Ubuntu-11-04-196264.shtml
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Australian Centre for Field Robotics (ACFR)
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
AUSTRALIA
Ph: +61 2 9351 3283