[vtkusers] [vtk-developers] Update on VTK 4 compatibility removal

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:13:37 EDT 2011

Hi Berk,

I can anticipate where these changes might cause tests to fail due to
a couple decade-old changes that I made to VTK/Imaging.  Specifically,
the SetInformationInput() and SetStencil() methods expect pipeline
connections but after your changes, at the very least the tests that
use these methods will have to call Update() on the data manually.

Way back in November I started working to correct the SetStencil()
issue by adding a SetStencilConnection() method, but that never got
past gerrit because I had to switch to other projects:
http://review.source.kitware.com/388

The SetInformationInput() methods are a little trickier, because for
them, I need to be able to establish a pipeline connection that can
pull metadata, but which will never trigger an execute.

Anyway, to get to the point of this email: I'll start looking into
these issues again, this time wrt your code branch, within the next
two or three weeks.

 - David