[vtkusers] Dept sorting for Volume Rendering?

Cuong cuong.nguyen111 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:16:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

Is there a way to perform depth sorting for a volume in VTK? I noticed this
effect when I tried to render two volumes together. For example, if I have a
sphere inside a cube, both as a whole volume and I want to always see the
sphere. If I render them separately as two different volumes, this kind of
result can be achieved but that method is just too naive.

And I don't want to modify the opacity of the outer layer either. I tried it
but the result looks ugly and the inside object is still occluded somehow.

So if anyone has ever done this before, I'd be very appreciative for any
helps/hint.
Thank you,
Cuong