[vtkusers] Weird white edges while trying to convert point cloud to mesh

Franse franz.berwein at groupion.com
Thu Jul 28 13:46:11 EDT 2011

Let me answer my own question: The white edges visible in the provided
screenshot are a remnant of the Delaunay3D triangulation. Delaunay is not
suitable for concave surfaces like the one used in that project. I got much
better results after fiddling around with SurfaceReconstructionFilter and
subsequent filters. I have not yet tried Poisson (by Gelas et al) which
should give even better results for such a rugged surface.