[vtkusers] trouble setting up VTK for Qt creator

com comacke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:51:48 EDT 2011

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded CodeBlocks and and choose the CodeBlocks
- MinGW Makefiles options in CMake. I checked to see what compiler
CodeBlocks is using, and it says GNU GCC Compiler - not sure if this is what
I want or if I need something else. Unfortunately I get the following error
message:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"MinGW Makefiles". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to
select a different build tool.

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"MinGW Makefiles". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to
select a different build tool.

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_C_COMPILER

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Program Files
(x86)/VTK_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Program Files
(x86)/VTK_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!