[vtkusers] Blanked points in vtkStructuredGrid ignored in rendering?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:17:43 EDT 2011

In this example:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/StructuredGrid/BlankPoint

I have created a grid, blanked a point, and then viewed the result.
The problem is that the whole grid, including the blanked point, is
displayed.

If I use a vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter and then write the result
with vtkXMLPolyDataWriter, it looks correct (the blanked point and
surrounding faces are missing, as they should be). However, if I use a
vtkXMLStructuredGridWriter directly, the point is still there, just
like in the rendering.

Does anyone know how to display or write the structured grid with
blanked points properly?

Thanks,

David