[vtkusers] Can VTK be interfaced with Minimos 6.1 simulator

prasanna kawatkar prasanna.k711 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 22:22:32 EDT 2011

Hi.
     I am a Graduate student from university of Louisiana at Lafayette. I am
interested in Monte Carlo simulation to study  MOSFET's  noise
characteristics.
By using MINIMOS 6.1 simulator  I can design device structures by mentioning
different input directives, but I cannot view my device structure. So by
using VTK can I view the MOSFET device structure also the input and output
file of minimos is a text file.

Here is the format of the input text file which I am using in Minimos.

* EXAMPLE FOR CLASSICAL TWO-DIMENSIONAL MODEL
DEVICE     CHANNEL=N  GATE=NPOLY  TOX=150.E-8  W=1.E-4  L=0.85E-4
BIAS       UD=4. UG=1.5
PROFILE    NB=5.2E16  ELEM=AS  DOSE=2.E15  TOX=500.E-8  AKEV=160.
+          TEMP=1050.  TIME=2700
IMPLANT    ELEM=B  DOSE=1.E12  AKEV=12  TEMP=940  TIME=1000
OPTION     MODEL=2-D
OUTPUT     ALL=YES PIF=YES
END

It states all the device dimensions. So can I use this text file in VTK to
create my 2 dimensional MOSFET Device.

Thanks,
Prasanna