[vtkusers] trouble setting up VTK for Qt creator

com comacke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:45:45 EDT 2011

I am trying to set up VTK for Qt Creator. I saw some step by step guides for
setting up VTK for visual studio, but none for Qt Creator. I have visual
studio, but would rather use Qt Creator.

I downloaded the latest versions of VTK and CMake and have Qt 4.7.3. If I do
not select VTK_USE_QT, then CMake seems to build VTK with no problems -
which might be fine if I was just using visual studio. However, when I
select VTK_USE_QT I run into a number of errors.

Here are a few of the errors:

Qt QTGUI library not found
Qt QTSQL library not found
Qt QTNETWORK library not found

CMake doesn't seem to be able to find a lot of these - so I tried putting in
the values myself and still seem to get some errors. Maybe I'm putting in
the wrong values?

Any help would be much appreciated as I have spent the whole day trying to
figure out how to get this to work and I would really like to use VTK for a
project I am working on in graduate school. I'm also not sure what I need to
do in Qt Creator once I'm done with CMake.