[vtkusers] vtkDelaunay3D: wrong convex hull

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:44:17 EDT 2011

Hi Miguel,

By applying vtkDelaunay3D to a flat (or nearly-flat) mesh, you are
asking it to create degenerate tetrahedrons, so it should not be
surprising that it fails on one or more of the points.

Checking to see if a neighbor is within a 2D convex hull should be
easy, you can use vtkPolygon::PointInPolygon() or, since the hull is
convex, you can do a quick orientation check with the closest edge
of the polygon.

 - David