[vtkusers] hardware accelerated offscreen rendering without diplaying window

Peter Schiemann p.schiemann70 at web.de
Tue Jul 26 10:28:51 EDT 2011

Hello Adriano,
the patch doesn't solve the problem. It modifies vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::CreateAWindow(), but not vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow::CreateOffScreenWindow(w,h) which is called when set to offscreen.
And I find this code in the same file:
#if defined( VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA )
  // OffScreen stuff
  OSMesaContext OffScreenContextId;
  void *OffScreenWindow;
#endif
You see that the offscreen stuff is only enabled when MESA(=software) rendering is enabled. The same "#if defined( VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA )" is repeated throughout vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx showing that offscreen stuff is not compiled when not using MESA.

Regards,
Peter