[vtkusers] Rendering slow with many actors

JBK juk124 at psu.edu
Mon Jul 25 10:35:38 EDT 2011

I have experienced similar issues.  I do a lot of scatter plotting where
I use an actor for each point in a 3D scatter plot.  However, I would
like to be able to independently control the color, size, orientation,
and transparency of each actor/point.

I see that you have proposed a way to deal with the coloring of the
actors, but could something similarly be done to control the size,
orientation, and transparency of each actor/point independently, while
also speeding up the rendering through the use of something like
vtkAppendFilter?

Thanks,
Josh