[vtkusers] Forum rather than a mailing list

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 07:56:50 EDT 2011

> Really a non VTK question, I am just asking for people's thoughts.

I prefer the mailing list. If all the kitware sites were a forum I
would certainly not participate as much in any of them since it would
take a more time then showing up in my email box.

>Does
> anyone else find the mailing list style discussion that VTK uses more
> difficult to deal with than a regular internet forum?

No way. I use gmail and have a filter that puts every kitware email
into a single place. And since gmail has 7.6 GB of space I do not
delete (non spam) messages from any of the lists. So I can search any
message from the last 3 years pretty quickly. And I can also very
easily reply to any of these messages.