[vtkusers] vtkAmoebaMinimizer

Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Wed Jul 20 10:48:57 EDT 2011

Hi Kevin,

No, the mean normal is not enough. It was my first approach, but I need to
minimize the angle difference between each cells normal and a vector.
Ameoba does the job, it is perfect.
My concern was to provide it with the data.
To do so, I had to temporarily write out the data in a file, read it in the
Cost Function called by the minimizer and compute the function value. It
works but it is not elegant...
Is there a way to pass data without writing these in a file?

Laurent.