[vtkusers] python vtk BadRequest

Eleftherios Garyfallidis garyfallidis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:21:48 EDT 2011

Dear vtk users,

I am getting the following error for some time using python-vtk with
libvtk5.4 in ubuntu 10.10

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such
operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 0 ()
Serial number of failed request: 30

This crashing error comes randomly usually after I have executed the
following function for a few times.

def show(ren,title='dipy.viz.fvtk',size=(300,300),png_magnify=1):
    ''' Show window
    '''

    ren.ResetCamera()
    window = vtk.vtkRenderWindow()
    window.AddRenderer(ren)
    window.SetWindowName(title)
    window.SetSize(size[0],size[1])
    style=vtk.vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera()
    iren = vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor()
    iren.SetRenderWindow(window)
    iren.SetPicker(picker)

    def key_press(obj,event):

        key = obj.GetKeySym()
        if key=='s' or key=='S':
            print('Saving image...')
            renderLarge = vtk.vtkRenderLargeImage()
            renderLarge.SetInput(ren)
            renderLarge.SetMagnification(png_magnify)
            renderLarge.Update()
            writer = vtk.vtkPNGWriter()
            writer.SetInputConnection(renderLarge.GetOutputPort())
            writer.SetFileName('fvtk.png')
            writer.Write()
            print('Look for fvtk.png in your current working directory.')

    iren.AddObserver('KeyPressEvent',key_press)
    iren.SetInteractorStyle(style)
    iren.Initialize()
    picker.Pick(85, 126, 0, ren)
    window.Render()
    iren.Start()

I would appreciate very much any help on that issue. Please let me know if
you have any ideas.

Best wishes,
Eleftherios