[vtkusers] SynchroGrab4D, vtk Polaris tracking

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:42:34 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,

A couple things to watch out for:

1) SynchroGrab was originally written for use with the Optotrak
Certus, so you will have to go through the code and replace any
instances of "vtkNDICertusTracker" with "vtkNDITracker".  The latter
is the class that works with the Polaris.

2) Read vtkNDITracker.h for info on how to set up the tracker, e.g.

tracker->SetSerialDevice("COM6:");
tracker->LoadVirtualSROM(3, "/path/to/srom/file");
tracker->Probe();

The vtkNDITracker class uses ports 0,1,2 for wired tools and 3,4,5,etc
for passive tools, so if you are using only passive tools, make sure
that you only use ports that are 3 or higher.

 - David