[vtkusers] Rendering of vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper with AddClippingPlane

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 13:28:18 EDT 2011

Hi Tijmen,

You should submit a bug report for this, otherwise it will just get
lost on the mailing list:
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view_all_bug_page.php

I've seen similar problems with the vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper
but never took the time to analyze them.  For me, the issue was that
the rendering was incorrect if the clipping planes were used together
with a cropping region.  Your issue, where the rendering is different
depending on whether an actor transform is used versus whether a
camera transform is used, produces the same sort of rendering
artifacts that I was seeing i.e. huge chunks of the volume are
missing.

 - David