[vtkusers] vtk5.6.1 compile error on mac os x 10.6.8

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 21:56:21 EDT 2011

Hi Jinghua,

The tcl/tk that you chose probably uses Carbon instead of Cocoa.
You cannot use a Cocoa VTK with a Carbon tcl/tk or vice-versa.

Do you have any specific need for python 2.7 and tcl/tk 8.6?  If not,
you can avoid a lot of trouble by using the python and tcl/tk that
come with OS X 10.6, instead of downloading and building your own.

If you do need ActiveTcl 8.6, you'll have to figure out whether it uses
Cocoa or Carbon and proceed from there.

 - David