[vtkusers] Problem with bigger Volumes

Frable zemitis.janis at inbox.lv
Fri Jul 15 08:29:52 EDT 2011

I stumbled across a problem when working with bigger Volumes (600x600x600
8Bit, Grayvalue).
Somehow as soon as two opposite sides of the volume "overlap" they create a
shadow as visible in the picture (the artifact color is due to using a
labelimagerendering pipeline with colorpalette on a grayvalue volume
object).
For the moment the only way for me to avoid it is setting the Specular and
Diffuse Properties of the volume to 0.0.

I'm not sure, but I start to think I experienced the same effect when the
Spacings where to small for the Volume (addressed here :
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/SetDataSpacing-is-there-a-min-and-max-value-td4472156.html)
So it seems like I'm scratching some Size limit. Here bypassing it with a
volume that is too big, and back there with a volume that is too small.
Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Any suggestion would be
welcome.