[vtkusers] rendering data while running computations

Oldrich Svec oldrich.svec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 08:00:37 EDT 2011

Hi,

I run computations and from time to time I would like to display the
intermediate results (not after a fixed time). In the beginning of the
simulation, I set up mapper, actor, renderer, renderWindow and
renderWindowInteractor. During the computation I modify mapper and
call

renderWindowInteractor.Render()

to update the view. It works but the VTK window is non-responsive
during the computation time. If I add

renderWindowInteractor.Initialize()
renderWindowInteractor.Start()

in the beginning of the computations then the computation stops after
the first render and does not continue. How do I make the VTK window
responsive and have the computations running without stopping?

Thank you,
Oldrich