[vtkusers] Clipping uniform rectilinear grid without going to unstructured grid

Tijmen Klein T.R.Klein at student.rug.nl
Wed Jul 13 12:17:27 EDT 2011

I have a volume that I currently render using the GPU-based volume renderer.
Now I want to clip (using a plane) this volume, and render the output (again
using the CPU-based volume renderer). However, the problem is that the
clipping transforms the data into a unstructured grid, which limits me to
using a CPU based renderer.

Is it possible to use a clipping algorithm that outputs a rectilinear grid?
I know that vtkClipPolyData will create new cells, but I'm not interested in
that. Is this possible?

Cheers,
Tijmen