[vtkusers] CMake Issues arise.

Bob Palank bob at stlcc.org
Mon Jul 11 15:00:37 EDT 2011

I ran a few examples using CMake successfully with no issues using  VC++
Express 2010.

Now  the following  arises:

CMake Error at D:/Program Files/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindVTK.cmake:135 (MESSAGE):

VTK not found. Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory

containing VTKConfig.cmake. This is either the root of the build tree, or

PREFIX/lib/vtk for an installation. For VTK 4.0, this is the location of

UseVTK.cmake. This is either the root of the build tree or

PREFIX/include/vtk for an installation.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:4 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I do find the FindVTK.cmake file in the referenced folder.
I'm running vtk5.6.1 and the example I'm using ran previously using CMake
and VC++.
Any ideas as to what and where I should look to fix this ?
Bob