[vtkusers] transparent 3D over 2D

Chris Volpe ARA/SED cvolpe at ara.com
Fri Jul 8 12:32:23 EDT 2011

I'm rendering 3D geometry over a 2D image drawn onto the rendering window using an Actor2D. The 3D geometry  is semi transparent, as can be seen when some 3D geometry is drawn on top of other 3D geometry. However, the transparency does not permit seeing the background image through the 3D geometry. For purposes of the background image, the 3D geometry is completely opaque. Is this an inherent limitation, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Chris
--
Christopher R. Volpe, Ph.D.                                                           Email: cvolpe at ara.com<mailto:cvolpe at ara.com>
Senior Scientist, Information Exploitation Systems             Main Desk: 919-582-3300