[vtkusers] Delete actor and release memory

Nicolas Rannou nicolas.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 15:56:52 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:43 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Xiaofeng Z <xf10036 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > That's interesting, and quite unintuitive! maybe someone with better
> > understanding of VTK's inner work can offer an explanation!
> >

> To me this looks like garbage being left over after the object was
> deleted. You need to look at the reference counts before the delete
> not after.
>
> John

How could I avoid garbage being left over?
Would that explain that the memory usage doesn't decrease?

Reference counts before and after calling delete:
actor: 1 to -1181117928
mapper: 2 to 74658944
polydata: 3 to 0

I create polydata then mapper then actor.
I delete actor, then mapper, then polydata...

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas