[vtkusers] QVTKWidget , Application crashes on MS Compiler 64Bit Release ?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:05:57 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Ashika Umanga Umagiliya
<aumanga at biggjapan.com> wrote:
> Greeting all,
> In my application ,I use QVTKWidget with QT 4.7.
> Everything work fine with Mingw Release/Debug and on Linux/GCC.
> Now I am in the process of compiling 64Bit version using MS C++ Compiler on
> Windows 7 (version string : Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version
> 16.00.30319.01 for x64)
> I can run the application in Debug mode , but application crashes in Release
> mode when I open my QVTKWidget.
> Any tips?

My biggest tip is you can not mix debug and release in a visual studio
project. If any part of your project or its dependent dlls are Release
and you are using Debug it can and will crash. The reason is the
memory heaps. There is a different memory heap for debug and release.
You can not allocate memory in a Debug heap and free it in a Release
heap or vise versa.

John