[vtkusers] vtkChart

emreturkoz emreturkoz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:25:05 EDT 2011

I am using vtk 5-6 with Visual Studio 2010. I don't use CMake to configure my
programs. I just use a header file, in which I list all the libraries
necessary with pragmas as shown below:

#ifdef _DEBUG
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkverdict.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkMFC.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkproj4.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtksqlite.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkalglib.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkViews.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkCharts.lib")
#else // _RELEASE
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkverdict.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkMFC.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkproj4.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtksqlite.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkalglib.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkViews.lib")
	#pragma comment(lib,"vtkCharts.lib")

The point is I solved the vtkChart issue just with rebuilding my VTK using
CMake. This time, I don't know why, vtkChart works. But now I can't use
vtkGeovis library.

I suffer no runtime problems while running LinePlot example. My windows is
64 bit but visual studio 2010 is 32 bit. So I selected 32-bit at CMake to
install VTK.

I wonder if a ready-to-go complete installation of VTK for Visual Studio
2010 is possible. Without external TCL, python, java etc wrappers I just
want to pure fully installed VTK. I wish that was possible.