[vtkusers] Update() vs. UpdateWholeExtent()

chrisyeshi chrisyeshi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:22:05 EST 2011

First, thank you very much!

I finally got them to change from Update() to UpdateWholeExtent(), and now
everything works fine.
The reason it happens is that we are using an old version of vtk. There is
no SetUpdateExtent(), only SetOuputExtent(). So when SetOutputExtent() is
called the first time, it effectively sets the update extent and whole
extent to the same value. Then when SetOutputExtent() is called the second
time with a smaller extent, it only sets the whole extent. As a result, the
extent error occurs when Update() is called.

Switching to UpdateWholeExtent() solves the problem. Thank you again!