[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice and vtkImageResample, different behaviour between 32-bit and 64-bit platform

jimmigoo jimmigoo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:17:59 EST 2011

The very strange behaviour is that, if you debug the code,
if you execute this code

void ResampleDTM()
> {
>      //------------- open original file ----------------------------------
>      vtkStructuredPointsReader* imageReader =
> vtkStructuredPointsReader::New();
>      imageReader->SetFileName(“SaintHelene.vtk”);
>      imageReader->Update();

[...]
>      vtkImageResample * resample = vtkImageResample::New();
>      resample->SetInputConnection(0, imageReader->GetOutputPort());
>      resample->SetDimensionality(3);
>      resample->SetAxisMagnificationFactor(0,1.0);
>      resample->SetAxisMagnificationFactor(1,1.0);
>      resample->SetAxisMagnificationFactor(2,1.0);
>
>      XExtent = (int)((Xmax_new- Xmin_new)/xResolution_new);
>      YExtent = (int)((Ymax_new- Ymin_new)/yResolution_new);
>
>      resample->SetOutputOrigin(X0_new,Y0_new,0);
>      resample->SetOutputExtent(0,XExtent-1,0,YExtent-1,0,0);
>      resample->SetAxisOutputSpacing(0, xResolution_new);
>      resample->SetAxisOutputSpacing(1, yResolution_new);
>      resample->SetAxisOutputSpacing(2, 1);
>      resample->Update();
>      vtkImageData* map = resample->GetOutput();

without the line you told me in the previous post
(GetArray(0)->SetName("cellvar")).
Analyzing vtkImageData pointer with Visual Studio debugger, I noticed that,
inside
vtkDataSet->PointData->vtkDoubleArray->Array->Memory, all elements are 0
values,
while following imageReader->GetOutput() (vtkImageData) pointer, the same
PointArray
contains valid values. All these behaviour still remains on 64-bit
platforms, while on 32-bit platforms
everything works well.

Any suggests?