[vtkusers] DelimitedTextReader

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 07:30:16 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Luca Cinquepalmi
<cinquepalmi at planetek.it>wrote:

>  Hi,
> I'm trying to execute the example presented at
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/InfoVis/DelimitedTextReader
>
> which read a csv file (x y z n) and visualize it. When i visualize my file
> the image is all black, while it should have the color/value expressed in
> "n" value. In my case n is a GrayScale value. How can i modify it? I think i
> should modify the command
>
> actor->GetProperty()->SetColor(1,0,0);
>
> bu I don't know how. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot.
>
> Luca

I just added an example file to the top of the example:

0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 2.0 3.0
1.0 0.0 0.0 4.0 5.0 6.1
0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 8.3 9.4

When I run the example with this file, I see 3 red dots, and as I rotate
them, the change from red to black (because of the normal which causes VTK
to change the light reflected off of them).

David