[vtkusers] Question for relationship between ITK and VTK coordination system

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:27:33 EST 2011

I am facing the same problem. If the settings during configuration of ITK in
CMake is are left at default, the coordinates differ a lot.
If ITK_IMAGE_BEHAVES_AS_ORIENTED_IMAGE is set to false, then coordinates
match (but then the patient orientation is lost).

And by coordinates, I mean the ones received from calls
to TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint, TransformPhysicalPointToContinuousIndex
and companions.

To obtain vtkImage I am using ImageToVTKImageFilter. Any help on this?

Regards,
Dženan