[vtkusers] VTK 64bit and Java: vtkRenderingJava.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application

arturex arturo_caissut at tiscali.it
Mon Jan 24 08:28:20 EST 2011

Hi all,

strange behaviour here: I've decided to switch to 64bit VTK in order to
avoid some problems I've had with heap filling, but I cannot run my
application.

I have built latest VTK version with MS Visual Studio's 64bit compiler, but
when I try to use my brand new .dll files in a Netbeans project (loading
them with System.loadLibrary(LIBNAME)) I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
C:\Users\arturex\Documents\TempSources\O3-3DWS_64bit\vtkRenderingJava.dll:
%1 is not a valid Win32 application

The matter is, I KNOW it's not a valid Win32 application, it's a 64bit
library! :-)
Sometimes I really really hate Windows.
Before you ask, I'm using a 64bit JVM, by the way, and I already changed my
environment variables to point the 64bit libraries instead of he 32bit ones.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Arturo