[vtkusers] Points in a cell with Python

Bruno Lara Bottazzini bruno.bottazzini at cti.gov.br
Fri Jan 21 08:54:27 EST 2011

I have been going through a problem that I can't get the points that was
inserted in a cell.
I could use:
"GetCellPoints<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyData.html#ab0ad6b405ddf8fa590389e18f207a790>
 (vtkIdType cellId, vtkIdType &npts, vtkIdType *&pts)*" *but in Python we
can't access this method. I could access just the less efficient method "
GetCellPoints<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyData.html#aad7a49a6329b3e7492ad3b343ce32470>
(vtkIdType cellId, vtkIdList *ptIds)"
and I went trought all vtk methods in vtkPolyData to see if I could use
other method instead of GetCellPoints but, unfortunately I couldn't do
anything.
How can I use the
"GetCellPoints<http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkPolyData.html#ab0ad6b405ddf8fa590389e18f207a790>
(vtkIdType cellId, vtkIdType &npts, vtkIdType *&pts)"
More efficient in python or how can i get the points form a cell?

Thanks