[vtkusers] Can VTK retrieve window and level parameter of a DICOM file?

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:24:44 EST 2011

Hi,

  If you decide to use GDCM to load your DICOM dataset. Then you can
access the Window Level information directly from the
vtkMedicalImageProperties class. Eg:

$ ./bin/gdcmvtkGDCMTests TestvtkGDCMImageReader gdcmData/012345.002.050.dcm
vtkMedicalImageProperties (0x28e3590)
  Exposure:   Direction Cosine: (1, 0, 0), (0, 0, -1)

    WindowLevel:
    Window:192
    Level:96
    Comment:
    UID(s):     Orientation(s):
    User Defined Values: (0)

HTH

Ref: http://gdcm.sf.net

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:00 PM, iono sphere <999ionospheres at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am studying DICOM files, but I am having a bit of trouble looking for
> window and level parameters. Does VTK has a built in function to find these
> parameters?
>
> If it's not possible, could you tell me where are these two parameters in
> the file? (which bytes)
>
> Thank you very much.

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Mathieu