[vtkusers] vtkCellArray in python

igorznt igorznt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 15:21:40 EST 2011

The methods simply doesnt exists in my wrapper version, when I try to call
them with any kind of signature  it brings me the following exception.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: GetNextCell

When I execute the help command i get:

Help on class vtkCellArray:

class vtkCellArray(libvtkCommonPython.vtkObject)
 |  vtkCellArray - object to represent cell connectivity
 |
 |  Super Class:
 |
 |   vtkObject
 |
 |   vtkCellArray is a supporting object that explicitly represents cell
 |   connectivity. The cell array structure is a raw integer list
 |   of the form: (n,id1,id2,...,idn, n,id1,id2,...,idn, ...)
 |   where n is the number of points in the cell, and id is a zero-offset
 |   into an associated point list.
 |
 |   Advantages of this data structure are its compactness, simplicity, and
 |   easy interface to external data.  However, it is totally inadequate for
 |   random access.  This functionality (when necessary) is accomplished by
 |   using the vtkCellTypes and vtkCellLinks objects to extend the
definition of
 |   the data structure.
 |

 |  See Also:
 |
 |   vtkCellTypes vtkCellLinks
 |
 |  Method resolution order:
 |      vtkCellArray
 |      libvtkCommonPython.vtkObject
 |      libvtkCommonPython.vtkObjectBase
 |
 |  Data and other attributes defined here:
 |
 |  Allocate = <built-in method Allocate of vtkclass object>
 |      V.Allocate(int, int) -> int
 |      C++: int Allocate (const vtkIdType sz, const int ext);return this Ia
Allocate sz ext

 |       Free any memory and reset to an empty state.
 |
 |  DeepCopy = <built-in method DeepCopy of vtkclass object>
 |      V.DeepCopy(vtkCellArray)
 |      C++: void DeepCopy (vtkCellArray *ca);
 |
 |       Perform a deep copy (no reference counting) of the given cell
array.

 |  EstimateSize = <built-in method EstimateSize of vtkclass object>
 |      V.EstimateSize(int, int) -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType EstimateSize (vtkIdType numCells, int
maxPtsPerCell);return numCells maxPtsPerCell

 |       A cell traversal methods that is more efficient than vtkDataSet
traversal
 |       methods.  InitTraversal() initializes the traversal of the list of
cells.

 |  GetActualMemorySize = <built-in method GetActualMemorySize of
vtkclass...
 |      V.GetActualMemorySize() -> int
 |      C++: unsigned long GetActualMemorySize ();
 |
 |       Return the memory in kilobytes consumed by this cell array. Used to
 |       support streaming and reading/writing data. The value returned is
 |       guaranteed to be greater than or equal to the memory required to
 |       actually represent the data represented by this object. The
 |       information returned is valid only after the pipeline has
 |       been updated.
 |
 |  GetClassName = <built-in method GetClassName of vtkclass object>
 |      V.GetClassName() -> string
 |      C++: const char *GetClassName ();
 |
 |  GetData = <built-in method GetData of vtkclass object>
 |      V.GetData() -> vtkIdTypeArray
 |      C++: vtkIdTypeArray *GetData ();return this Ia
 |
 |       Reuse list. Reset to initial condition.
 |
 |  GetInsertLocation = <built-in method GetInsertLocation of vtkclass
obj...
 |      V.GetInsertLocation(int) -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType GetInsertLocation (int npts);return this
InsertLocation npts

 |       Computes the current insertion location within the internal array.
 |       Used in conjunction with GetCell(int loc,...).
 |
 |  GetMaxCellSize = <built-in method GetMaxCellSize of vtkclass object>
 |      V.GetMaxCellSize() -> int
 |      C++: int GetMaxCellSize ();
 |
 |       Returns the size of the largest cell. The size is the number of
points
 |       defining the cell.
 |
 |  GetNumberOfCells = <built-in method GetNumberOfCells of vtkclass
objec...
 |      V.GetNumberOfCells() -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType GetNumberOfCells ();
 |
 |       Get the number of cells in the array.
 |
 |  GetNumberOfConnectivityEntries = <built-in method
GetNumberOfConnectiv...
 |      V.GetNumberOfConnectivityEntries() -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType GetNumberOfConnectivityEntries ();return this Ia
GetMaxId

 |       Internal method used to retrieve a cell given an offset into
 |       the internal array.
 |
 |  GetSize = <built-in method GetSize of vtkclass object>
 |      V.GetSize() -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType GetSize ();return this Ia GetSize
 |
 |       Get the total number of entries (i.e., data values) in the
connectivity
 |       array. This may be much less than the allocated size (i.e., return
value
 |       from GetSize().)
 |
 |  GetTraversalLocation = <built-in method GetTraversalLocation of
vtkcla...
 |      V.GetTraversalLocation() -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType GetTraversalLocation ();return this TraversalLocation
 |      V.GetTraversalLocation(int) -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType GetTraversalLocation (vtkIdType npts);return this
TraversalLocation npts

 |       Get/Set the current traversal location.
 |
 |  InitTraversal = <built-in method InitTraversal of vtkclass object>
 |      V.InitTraversal()
 |      C++: void InitTraversal ();this TraversalLocation
 |
 |       A cell traversal methods that is more efficient than vtkDataSet
traversal
 |       methods.  InitTraversal() initializes the traversal of the list of
cells.

 |  Initialize = <built-in method Initialize of vtkclass object>
 |      V.Initialize()
 |      C++: void Initialize ();
 |
 |       Free any memory and reset to an empty state.
 |
 |  InsertCellPoint = <built-in method InsertCellPoint of vtkclass object>
 |      V.InsertCellPoint(int)
 |      C++: void InsertCellPoint (vtkIdType id);
 |
 |       Used in conjunction with InsertNextCell(int npts) to add another
point
 |       to the list of cells.
 |
 |  InsertNextCell = <built-in method InsertNextCell of vtkclass object>
 |      V.InsertNextCell(vtkCell) -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType InsertNextCell (vtkCell *cell);
 |      V.InsertNextCell(vtkIdList) -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType InsertNextCell (vtkIdList *pts);
 |      V.InsertNextCell(int) -> int
 |      C++: vtkIdType InsertNextCell (int npts);
 |
 |       Insert a cell object. Return the cell id of the cell.
 |
 |  IsA = <built-in method IsA of vtkclass object>
 |      V.IsA(string) -> int
 |      C++: int IsA (const char *name);
 |
 |  NewInstance = <built-in method NewInstance of vtkclass object>
 |      V.NewInstance() -> vtkCellArray
 |      C++: vtkCellArray *NewInstance ();
 |
 |  Reset = <built-in method Reset of vtkclass object>
 |      V.Reset()
 |      C++: void Reset ();
 |
 |       Reuse list. Reset to initial condition.
 |
 |  ReverseCell = <built-in method ReverseCell of vtkclass object>
 |      V.ReverseCell(int)
 |      C++: void ReverseCell (vtkIdType loc);
 |
 |       Special method inverts ordering of current cell. Must be called
 |       carefully or the cell topology may be corrupted.
 |
 |  SafeDownCast = <built-in method SafeDownCast of vtkclass object>
 |      V.SafeDownCast(vtkObject) -> vtkCellArray
 |      C++: vtkCellArray *SafeDownCast (vtkObject* o);
 |
 |  SetCells = <built-in method SetCells of vtkclass object>
 |      V.SetCells(int, vtkIdTypeArray)
 |      C++: void SetCells (vtkIdType ncells, vtkIdTypeArray *cells);
 |
 |       Define multiple cells by providing a connectivity list. The list is
in
 |       the form (npts,p0,p1,...p(npts-1), repeated for each cell). Be
careful
 |       using this method because it discards the old cells, and anything
 |       referring these cells becomes invalid (for example, if BuildCells()
has
 |       been called see vtkPolyData).  The traversal location is reset to
the
 |       beginning of the list; the insertion location is set to the end of
the
 |       list.
 |
 |  SetNumberOfCells = <built-in method SetNumberOfCells of vtkclass
objec...
 |      V.SetNumberOfCells(int)
 |      C++: void SetNumberOfCells (vtkIdType );
 |
 |       Set the number of cells in the array.
 |       DO NOT do any kind of allocation, advanced use only.
 |
 |  SetTraversalLocation = <built-in method SetTraversalLocation of
vtkcla...
 |      V.SetTraversalLocation(int)
 |      C++: void SetTraversalLocation (vtkIdType loc);this
TraversalLocation loc

 |       Computes the current traversal location within the internal array.
Used
 |       in conjunction with GetCell(int loc,...).
 |
 |  Squeeze = <built-in method Squeeze of vtkclass object>
 |      V.Squeeze()
 |      C++: void Squeeze ();this Ia Squeeze
 |
 |       Return the memory in kilobytes consumed by this cell array. Used to
 |       support streaming and reading/writing data. The value returned is
 |       guaranteed to be greater than or equal to the memory required to
 |       actually represent the data represented by this object. The
 |       information returned is valid only after the pipeline has
 |       been updated.
 |
 |  UpdateCellCount = <built-in method UpdateCellCount of vtkclass object>
 |      V.UpdateCellCount(int)
 |      C++: void UpdateCellCount (int npts);
 |
 |       Used in conjunction with InsertNextCell(int npts) and
InsertCellPoint() to
 |       update the number of points defining the cell.

I am using the vtk 5.6.