[vtkusers] vtk building

Luca Cinquepalmi cinquepalmi at planetek.it
Wed Jan 19 07:03:53 EST 2011

Hi,
I tried to build VTK 5.6 with GUI CMake. I used Unix Makefile generator
and I set  "use defaul compiler". I also set:

Where is the source code: C:/VTK56
Where to build the binaries:  C:/VTKBin56

When i tampe the "Configure" button, it starts with no error, but
suddenly an error occurs. These are the messages that appear:

The C compiler identification is unknown
The CXX compiler identification is unknown
Check for working C compiler: C:/cygwin/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: C:/cygwin/bin/gcc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - failed
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/cygwin/bin/c++.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: C:/cygwin/bin/c++.exe -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - failed
Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems
Performing Test Support for 64 bit file systems - Success
Looking for sys/types.h
Looking for sys/types.h - found
Looking for stdint.h
Looking for stdint.h - found
Looking for stddef.h
Looking for stddef.h - found
Check size of int
Check size of int - failed
Check size of long
Check size of long - failed
Check size of void*
Check size of void* - failed
Check size of char
Check size of char - failed
Check size of short
Check size of short - failed
Check size of float
Check size of float - failed
Check size of double
Check size of double - failed
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_LIMITS_H
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_LIMITS_H - found
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_UNISTD_H
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_UNISTD_H - found
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_SYS_PRCTL_H
Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_SYS_PRCTL_H - not found.
Check if the system is big endian
Searching 16 bit integer
Check size of unsigned short
Check size of unsigned short - failed
Check size of unsigned int
Check size of unsigned int - failed
Check size of unsigned long
Check size of unsigned long - failed
CMake Error at C:/Programmi/CMake
2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/TestBigEndian.cmake:44 (MESSAGE):
no suitable type found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMake/CMakeBackwardCompatibilityC.cmake:31 (TEST_BIG_ENDIAN)
CMakeLists.txt:428 (INCLUDE)

I don't uderstand how can I solve this error. Can you help me? Thank you
a lot.

Luca