[vtkusers] interpolating a deformation field from unstructured grid to an image

Prashanth prashanth.dumpuri at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 11:24:48 EST 2011

All,
   Is there a vtk filter that lets me interpolate a deformation field from
an unstructured grid to an image data? From what I understand,
vtkProbeFilter does the opposite (from vtkImageData to
vtkUnstructuredGrid).
  I built the unstructured grid by segmenting an image. The resolution of
the unstructured grid is sparse when compared to the image (far few points
in the unstructured grid when compared to the number of voxels in the
image). I then solved a finite element model and obtained 3D displacements
for every point in the unstructured grid. My goal is to interpolate the
displacements from the unstructured grid back to the image (in other words
deform an image using displacements at every point in the unstructured
grid).
Thanks
Prashanth